Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Bueno!, Malbec-Cabernet, Mendoza, Argentina


This is a new wine that is hitting the Atlanta area to meet some of the demand for affordable reds form South America. I met Keith who happens to be the person bringing it into the U.S. and decided why not give it a try. The wine is 60% Malbec and 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, it is non-vintage, and only cost me $6.00. Bueno! describes the wine well. It has a lot of fruit on the nose and palate. The wine finishes quickly leaving some warming alcohol but not overpowering. It is a light bodied wine and easily paired with food. I had it with a big bowl of Spaghetti with meat sauce. Not Bad, a definite good value for $6.00.

I give it a B.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This wine IS absolutely delicious! I use to prefer dry whites to reds, but after trying this one, I was converted! I love this Malbec-Cabernet...I was pleasantly surprised at how great this was at such a reasonable price.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Phil Ogilvie said...

Shan & I have been loving the Argentinian Malbecs. It's really the only great wine we seem to find down here. I am going to look for this wine next time I am in San Jose. Thanks for the great notes and glad to see you blogging again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home