Friday, July 20, 2007

Molly Dooker, Two Left Feet, 2006


Molly Dooker is THE hot brand from Australia right now. It is produced by Sarah and Sparky Marquis of the famous Marquis-Phillips brand. There are a number of wines under the Molly Dooker label including Merlot, Shiraz, and Verdelho. They all carry interesting titles and labels like this blend, Two Left Feet. It is made up of 68% Shiraz, 17% Merlot, and 15% Cabernet Sauvignon and the ABV is a whopping 16%. The back label explains that "Molly Dooker" is an Aussie term for a lefty, and apparently both Sarah and Sparky are Molly Dookers. Maybe they also have Two Left Feet.

Color: Very Dark, deep purple core, dark crisp edges, tall thick legs rising up the glass.

Nose: Chocolate, coconut, cherry cola, cotton candy, very sweet, warming alcohol.

Palate: Sweet alcohol, big juicy body that covers the whole palate, good spicy and long finish.

Overall: I think that this is a very exciting wine. I really love these full bodied, high alcohol reds from down under. I can't say that they have a place at every dinner table, maybe only with a big steak from the grill, but I can really enjoy this wine on its own. The wine just goes and goes saturating my taste buds with ripe fruit flavor. This wine was $20 at Whole Foods and I think it is a great value. Due to popularity it may be hard to find so grab it while you can. I give it an A!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best Oz wine I've ever had. I found it stunning and delightful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home