Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Solaris 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley


Here is a wine that was given to me by a distributor. I know why he gave it to me. It's one of those wines you keep around to take to a party or give to someone to make them feel special. I have read some good stuff about the Solaris Pinot Noir but I have to say that this wine didn't fair too well in my palate.

Color: Translucent, burgundy-purple, very clean.
Nose: Dusty cherry, berry characters with some tobacco aromas. The wine doesn't change munch after being open for thirty minutes.
Palate: Quick Finish, lots of tannin, a bit harsh and a bitter kick. Decent acidity but the mid-palate is gone. Nothing there.
Overall: I didn't like this wine much and for the ultimate test, I gave some to Ana (she'll drink anything) and without me saying a thing she said "What did you bring home this time? This isn't very good", Then she finished the glass. She's not a lush, she's just a good Irish lass that can't leave a full glass. =)
I give it a C+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home