Saturday, June 10, 2006

BV Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 2001


BV has made a mark for itself by making a wine for every occasion and for every palate. I have enjoyed their value-oriented "BV Coastal" wines and have even been able to enjoy their flagship Georges De Latour Private Reserve Cab. They know how to make a wine that showcases true varietal character as well as terroir without breaking the bank.

I bought this Cab for $12.99 on sale from $16.99. I have to say, for $12.99 in GA I am pretty pleased.
Color: Good and dark with some hints of age. It just about to hit its mid-40's in human terms. Not old, but just fealing it a bit in the knees.
Nose: Good fruit backbone showing black cherry and plum. Vanilla mocha comes through with a hint of herbaciousness.
Palate: Nice structure with a long finish. Tannins still sticking around after five years but the mid palate is falling apart slightly. Still, very tasty and a great value.
I give it a B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home